Summer Horse Camp
What does a typical day look like at Camp TOA?
7:00 am: Rise and shine
7:30 am: Breakfast
8:00-9:00 am: Ground training for horse riding
9:00 am-Noon: Arena horsemanship skills
Noon-2:00 pm: Lunch
2:00-4:00 pm: Ranch Art
4:00-5:30 pm: Ranch Chores
5:30-6:30 pm: Dinner
6:30-8:30 pm: Excursions
Camps are All Inclusive
- 3 meals a day and snacks (healthy organic food harvested on the ranch or locally in the valley).
- Comfortable accommodation with either four bunks or two twin beds per room and shared bathroom between 2 bedrooms. Maximum of 16 participants. Segregated boy and girl sleeping quarters.
- Transport to and from Stilson Lot in Wilson WY (Mon 7:30am, Wed 6:00pm, Fri 5:30pm). Pick up from Idaho Falls and Jackson Hole Airports available (Additional fee).
- Campers will participate in ranch art classes, animal husbandry, horticulture and permaculture daily in addition to horsemanship.
- Campers should bring summer clothes, art clothes, riding jeans/ jodhpurs, riding healed boots and helmets (spares at the ranch), pj’s, toothbrush, swimsuit.
- Campers are encouraged to call their parents to check in if they feel like it at breakfast time.
- Family BBQ and horse show every Friday.
- Evenings are spent relaxing at the ranch by the campfire, playing group games or experiencing the silo sauna. Evening excursions include trips to the local hot springs (lifeguard on duty) or to practice with the barrel training club at the rodeo grounds.
- Safety, knowledge, self-growth, teamwork, and fun are promoted at Camp TOA.
Summer Program Options
5-day ranch camp including arena riding instruction, half day trail ride and Friday horse show and BBQ (family and friends invited). Cost $540.
2 Night Option
2 night, 3-day ranch camp including arena riding instruction. Cost $740.
2 night, 2-day ranch camp including arena instruction Thursday and horse show Friday (family and friends invited). Cost $600.
4 Night Option
4 night, 5-day ranch camp including arena riding instruction, half day trail ride and Friday horse show and BBQ (family and friends invited). Cost $990.
7 Night Option
7 night, 7-day ranch camp including arena riding instruction, half day trail ride, Friday horse show. Cost $1390.