- TOA Summer Camp aims to enable children to grow in confidence and knowledge in a SAFE and FUN environment.
- Campers grow through consciously understanding heart/ feeling based work necessary to speak a non-verbal language with horses.
- They learn to be fair and strong leaders and establish a trusting relationship with animals more than ten times their own size.
- They experience real teamwork and responsibility with not only the horses, but also other campers and councillors.
- They contribute to enriching saving horses in need through group art projects where proceeds benefit Hapi Trail Horse Rescue. Last Summer the campers raised more than $17,000 for this non profit organization which meant TOA was Hapi Trails largest single donor.
- Finally, campers experience the hard work of ranch life.
TOA Day Camp will operate June 19 through to Aug 31 in 2023. Camps run Monday through Friday for 11 consecutive weeks for ages 5-15yo for boys and girls of all abilities.
Camp cost is $750 per child plus an $85 registration fee. Location is 9455s 2000w Victor ID 83455. This location is 1 mile past Teton Springs and is only a 35 minute drive from Jackson (sign up with a friend so one parent can drop off and another can pick up). The facility offers a full sized riding arena, round yard, vegetable gardens, lunch/ art rooms, barn and fenced yard of 4 acres in size. Please note we are not set up as a camp for children with severe special needs.
Drop off between 8.30-9am; pick up between 4.30- 5pm (except Fridays pick up is 4pm)
What to Bring
- Water Bottle
- Long Pants
- Heeled Boots
- Helmet (horse, bike, ski helmets work – we have some spares)
- Shorts for Afternoons
- Sun Hat
Sierra Scott owns Teton Outdoor Adventures (insured and licenced) and is personally involved in overseeing all aspects of camp. Sierra has 45 years experience working in agriculture and the horse industry. She has been running childrens horse camps for more than 10 years with an excellent track record. She owns Teton Performance Horses breeding, training and showing top quality western horses in both the USA and Australia. Sierra also is a professional artist and you can view her work at www.paintedsalamander.com